2018 has been the year of high-profile celeb weddings. Be it Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja, Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh or Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas, each wedding was extravagant and a visual spectacle (as if we were actually there!). Just when we were thinking the most lavish and extravagant Indian weddings that we could see are behind us, here comes the baap of the big fat Indian wedding.
Isha Ambani, daughter of India’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani, is getting married to business tycoon Anand Piramal and we could not stop gasping over the opulence of the whole affair. So forget Crazy Rich Asians as we have our very own homegrown Crazy Rich Ambanis to take us for a ride.
Some of the unbelievable, impossible things that happened in Ambani pre-wedding festivities are here: (And they told us money can’t buy happiness)
1. Ambanis practically rented out half of Udaipur and that too, to only host the “pre-wedding” festivities of their daughter Isha. So there was ‘Swadesh Bazar’ for the guests, Manish Malhotra pop-up store, etc.
2. Udaipur airport saw a whopping, never-seen-before over 200 chartered flights over the weekend.
3. The guest list was as rich as it could get. And no, we are not talking about Khans and Bachchan but Clintons and Knowles. So there were advertising tycoon Martin Sorrell, cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and the businesswoman and author Arianna Huffington and Hillary Clinton. Also in full attendance were newly-married PeeCee with Nick Jonas and Deepika Padukone with Ranveer Singh apart from Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Karan Johar, Salman Khan, etc, etc, etc.
4. The entire Ambani clan performed on “GUJJU” from “Kal Ho Na Ho.” No comments here.
— dna After Hrs (@dnaAfterHrs) December 9, 2018
5. And do you know who danced as a background dancer for Anant Ambani performance? Salman Khan himself….wait for it….on a Shahrukh Khan number.
Mukesh Ambani can even reduce Salman Khan to a background dancer for his son’s performance. There’s nothing more powerful in the world than money. pic.twitter.com/n9AmILtJsb
— Don Tippler (@MrTippler) December 9, 2018
6. Shahrukh Khan performed too. If that’s not a big news, with his non-actress wife Gauri Khan, who shook a leg too.
— Filmfare (@filmfare) December 9, 2018
7. Bachchans performed. So did Karan Johar.
8. And then came Queen Bey. Beyonce did what she does best- enthralling audience with a power-packed performance.
View this post on Instagram
Well, on one hand, social media is fuming over this display of wealth by Ambanis, there are some oblivious ones who could not get how anyone can make Beyonce perform at a wedding function.
Beyoncé really answered the age old question Who run the world by performing at the Ambani wedding.
— . (@AyeChampa) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
I don’t know why some idiots have a problem with the Ambanis calling Beyonce to dance at the wedding.
If I were a wealthy self-made serial entrepreneur who’s also on the Fortune’s Most Powerful People list, I would dance at Ambani’s wedding too.
— Akshar (@AksharPathak) December 10, 2018
Nothing is more funny than seeing our so called mega stars in d richest family of India. All their mega stardom, self respect and ego goes down the drain the moment Ambani family beckons. Money always sings the sweetest tunes…and makes the high & mighty stoop so low.. pic.twitter.com/uXSHUVq7B0
— 🍀Amrita🍀 (@protihari) December 9, 2018
Priyanka Chopra marrying Nick Jonas, Sophie Turner & Arpita Khan in the same frame, Drake commenting on Athiya Shetty’s Instagram, Beyoncé performing at the Ambani wedding, 2018 was the year of the weirdest cross overs in the history of mankind
— qk (@kaytwts) December 9, 2018
A man whose movie earns around 200-300 cr is a background dancers here.
Life ho to Ambani Family jaisi ho warna na ho. pic.twitter.com/O1YUjusjTt
— Chandan 🇮🇳 (@sportsbloggerc7) December 9, 2018
I love Mukesh Ambani. At Deepika-Ranveer wedding, a journalist taunted him saying Jio nahi chal raha. So he got Beyonce to perform at his daughter’s sangeet saying “Ye le gandu live dekh le ab”.
— Hardik Rajgor (@Hardism) December 9, 2018
For The Ambani’s everyone is Alexa.
— Godman Chikna (@Madan_Chikna) December 10, 2018
Seems Ambani will end up spending more than Pakistan’s GDP on their daughter’s wedding #IshaAmbaniWedding
— Mihir Jha ✍️ (@MihirkJha) December 9, 2018
So many celebs at Isha Ambani wedding. Kitna paisa hai bro Mukesh ke paas fuck. Won’t be surprised if Queen Elizabeth dances on London Thumakda next
— babu bisleri (@PUNchayatiii) December 9, 2018
After watching the Sangeet function of Ambani’s daughter, Priyanka and Deepika would be feeling the same which engineers with 5 years of work-ex feel after reading news of 1 crore salary package offered to fresh graduates from IITs.
— Rahul Raj (@bhak_sala) December 9, 2018
At the Ambani family sangeet tonight :
— Atul Khatri (@one_by_two) December 9, 2018
— Sir Jadeja (@SirJadeja) December 9, 2018