India woke up to a sweet surprise on Nov. 19. Our Miss India Manushi Chhillar has been crowned as Miss World 2017, much to our excitement and surprise.
While the nation gushed about how this 20-year-old svelte beauty has finally broken the dry spell of 17 years when Priyanka Chopra last bagged the coveted honor, trust us, it was not an easy task. When you have to compete with world’s beauties and that too in swimsuit and evening gown competitions, you ought to be at your best- both physically and mentally.
Do you want to know what goes into the making of Miss World? Sit back as Ourtitbits unveil the dietary and fitness routine, designed by celebrity nutritionist Nmami Agarwal, that made Manushi Chillar look drop dead gorgeous at the star-studded function:
- Early morning: Water two to three glasses (warm with or without lemon squeezed)
- Breakfast: Plain/unflavoured yogurt with oatmeal or wheat flakes and fresh fruits and seeds, or two to three egg whites with avocado, carrot, beets and sweet potato.
- Mid-meal: Coconut water, followed by fruits.
- Lunch: Quinoa/rice/chapati with a bowl of vegetables and shredded chicken/lentils.
- Evening: Unsalted nuts followed by fruit or banana and fig smoothie.
- Dinner: Chicken/fish (grilled/roasted) with sauteed vegetables (broccoli/carrots/beans/mushrooms/beets).
Well, this is not all. The diet plan alone is nothing if it is not accompanied by a fitness routine. Manushi used to follow a strict workout routine that became more intense as the D-Day approached in China. The workout routine included the regular practice of Yoga, twisting, squats and running.
Woah! Taking part in Miss World competition is definitely not a piece of cake. It is also being said that 15 days prior to the main event, Manushi incorporated many other strategic lifestyle changes that included sleeping for 8 hours in the night, switching off mobile phone 2 hours before going to bed and drinking 3 liters of water amongst other things.
That’s a hell lot of discipline! Now that you know a lot about Manushi Chillar’s secret to slim figure as well as fit body and mind, are you up for this challenge?