Guest Author: Kriti Agarwal
Spring has paved way for the summers and still there seems no sign of this lockdown ending. However, this quarantine summer can be your opportunity to try out various fashion styles and see what suits you best. And the best part of being in quarantine is that you can try working on your fashion sense by donning dresses and clothes which are both cosy and stylish.
Here is how you can boast of a comfy yet stylish quarantine look:
Experiment with colours
Summers are all about wearing light colours which can help you beat the heat waves. Try pastel colour shades like beige, baby pink, peach, yellow, light orange etc. This applies to both men and women. Men can wear light blue, light green and other such colours’ shirts and T-shirts both.
Women, on the other hand, can make a style statement with colours like white, off white, silver, turquoise, light golden, grey or mustard yellow. Black should be given a straight no. A little bit of black in a dress is fine but not whole. The best choice would be off white since you can accessorize it with any other outfit too.
Choice Of Fabric
In summers, choosing the right quality of fabric also becomes important. Avoid all kinds of nylons, polyesters, rayons, fancy silks etc. Though you can wear Khadi yet it will become really heavy and won’t help in soaking the sweat much.
The best options will be picking up cotton, muslin, mulmul and semi- cotton. The stuff of which the T-shirts and hosiery items are made is also fine to be worn. Also, you can make your outfits look fancy by choosing a light coloured stuff with dark dots on it or dark prints on it.
Try Out New Looks
And now comes the most basic element of the quarantine fashion mantra, which is trying out all the new styles of outfits you all can wear.
- The most basic dress for women can be a maxi which can be knee-length or ankle-length as per your choice. The Maxi with summer hues like pink, orange, crimson, aqua will look beautiful. Try going for the printed ones with flowers along with. than plain maxis.
Masaba Gupta recently released her Summer collection that can give you all major hints at choosing the right dress to wear. Do take a look!
Polka dots dress either in the form of Frock or Kurtis or suits will be the ideal quarantine wear.
The next outfit is the much in trend summer frock which you can easily order online. These frocks are both sleeveless, strapless and of full sleeves and can be worn by anyone- young girls as well as women.
- It’ s a good time to wear shorts too. Try wearing shorts, preferably cotton ones, with a crop top which you can accessorize with any cotton candy or rainbow scarf for your zoom meetings. The denim shorts are never a very comfy option so better avoid them but if you want to wear them, team them with a sleeveless crop top.
- Mustard coloured dresses are also quite in vogue, with stripes on the dress. These can be worn alone or with a loose pyjama or palazzo.
- Other tops that you can try are off-shoulder or cold shoulder, properly matched with jeans, shorts or denim mini skirts.
- Another must-have item in the wardrobe are the white denims, which is really helpful in case you lack any lower wear to go for.
- Try to wear flare jeans which are loose. Stay away from suffocating skinny jeans in summers.
- Those women who prefer ethnic or traditional clothing can wear a long kurta with loose palazzo, churidar or salwar. They can also try wearing cotton Ghagras to get a raw look.
- Long skirts of cotton with embroidery will also give you a traditional look and can be worn all day at home.
- Yet the most basic garment with which you can do a creative play is saree. Sarees made out of cotton and often plain ones are enthralling. You can also wear a fancy brassier than a blouse with the saree.
- Boyfriend jeans, which are loose, are the best way to look stylish and be comfortable. You can compliment them with a top usually half sleeves one or a laced brassier.
- And lastly, jumpsuits and dungarees are always welcome, which are nowadays available in radiant colours and variety of fabrics.
The most fashion sensical footwear which you can wear in quarantine will be a slipper or chappal. No, not the basic bathroom ones!
Rather there are many stylish high heels or flat chappals available online. The juttis can be a good compliment with traditional outfits, though they are a bit expensive. Anyways, white shoes can work with anything of the western sorts.
Flat slippers with shapes like silhouettes will be more cheap and stylish. In fact, you can pair up shoes with saree, to look different and outstanding.
Though keeping your ears, nose and neck bare will be the best option in this scorching heat, yet you can still flaunt some fancy no- dangling earrings with your outfit. Chuck chokers. Opt for a thin, loose chain if you want to. Flowery earrings made out of buttons and such material will make your look very aesthetic, real and sassy. Pearl earrings or a small necklace can be your frosting sugar on cake.
And yes, lastly, don’t panic that you are stuck at home or don’t have many clothes to wear. Minimal clothes can be mismatched and that can still make you look beautiful. Also, don’t forget to take care of your skin during this quarantine because “everything is basic without a solid basis.”
About the author: My name is Kriti Agarwal. I have always been fond of writing down my thoughts since childhood. I didn’t realize when this hobby of mine became a passion.