Beware people, as you will be seeing more of Mouni Roy on the big screen! We won’t mind anyway.
Like us, you might also have wondered sometime why this stunning beauty is limited to TV and why she is not seen in any of Bollywood movies. Yours and ours curiosities now has an answer as Mouni Roy is set to be seen in not one or two but four Bollywood movies in the coming time.
Yes, our favorite ‘Naagin’ is set to take over Bollywood with her back-to-back releases. While her Bollywood debut ‘Gold,’ also starring Akshay Kumar, is set to release on Aug. 15, she will also be seen in Ayan Mukherjee’s “Brahmastra,” also starring Alia Batt, Ranbir Kapoor, and Amitabh Bachchan, in 2019. The Bengali beauty will also join John Abraham in RAW-Romeo Akkbar Walter.
Now, just-in reports state that Mouni will be seen in another movie. She will be starring as Rajkummar Rao’s wife in a quirky comedy movie, “Made In China.” The movie will be directed by Mikhil Musale, produced by Dinesh Vijan and will kick-start the shooting from September this year.
In “Made In China,” Mouni will be playing the role of a Mumbai girl who moves to Gujarat after marrying Rajkummar. She will be seen playing a feisty housewife, living in a lower-middle-class locality, who pushes her husband to go to China for a business opportunity of a lifetime
Despite her absence from Bollywood, Mouni enjoys a great fan following, all thanks to her iconic role as Sati in “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev” and recently in “Naagin.” However, there are many things about Mouni Roy which hardly one know.
Let us get to know this Bengali beauty a bit more. Here are some facts we bet you didn’t know Mouni Roy:
- Mouni was born and brought up in Cooch Behar, West Bengal in September 1985.
- Mouni’s grandfather was and mother is a renowned theatre artist.
- After schooling, Mouni came to Delhi and took admission in Jamia Milia Islamia in mass communication course but left it after the first year to pursue acting.
- The 32-year-old stunner once appeared as a background dancer in the song “Nahi Hona” in 2004 “Run.”
- Mouni’s first co-star in TV was “Fukrey” star Pulkit Samrat.
- Mouni had appeared in a Punjabi movie “Hero Hitler In Love.”
- Mouni has voiced for Sita in the 2016 animated film “Mahayodha Rama.”
Apart from movies, Mouni will soon foray into the world of web-series with ALT Balaji’s “Mehrunissa.” Well, it does seem that Bengali beauty will finally find much-deserved recognition in Bollywood.