91st Academy Awards ended a while ago. Our personal favorite moment remains when “Period. End Of Sentence, ” the film set in India dealing with menstruation taboo, won the Oscars 2019 for Best Documentary Short. However, this Oscars was an epic one in itself.
This year’s Oscars was all about breaking the stereotypes. Be it fashion choices of some of the stars or Rami Maleks tumble soon after grabbing the Best Actor award or Chris Evan being the God-send gentleman, some moments struck the cord with the viewers and social media users.
- The internet officially lost it when Billy Porter arrived in Tuxedo-gown dress.
— -Receipt Hall (@Receipthall) February 25, 2019
— ash 𖤐 273 days🎶 (@gaywitchbiitch) February 25, 2019
— Manika Parasher (@ManikaParasher) February 25, 2019
- Chris Evans has surely being raised right for helping Regina King up the steps to the stage to collect her award for Best Supporting Actress.
Chris Evans was an absolute gentleman.
He has proved wrong all those saying men are rude.
— Patrick 🇰🇪 (@PatricPatricks) February 25, 2019
- Melissa McCarthy and Henry stole the show 29 minutes in, doing their best The Favourite-Mary Poppins-Black Panther-Mary, Queen of Scots mashup drag and introducing the category via a stuffed bunny. Definitely the most committed presenter!
The train on Melissa McCarthy’s cape: pic.twitter.com/IbOw9CqHVj
— Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) February 25, 2019
— Jilly (@YeeHawBenoit) February 25, 2019
- “Game Of Thrones” Khal Drogo aka Jason Momoa arrived color-coordinated with his wife, sporting a pink velvet scrunchie. Aww!
— mac sauce 🍺 (@prettylittty) February 25, 2019
- Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga took the stage in dramatic fashion for a totally unexpected intimate rendition of the latter’s Best Original Song-nominated hit.
The look Lady Gaga gave to Bradley Cooper at the end of that performance was the live version of Nala looking at Simba in Lion King. She gonna feel the love tonight. #oscars pic.twitter.com/Y5aabH5LWe
— chew (@chewgaggiano) February 25, 2019
— Bhat Ubi (@BeingUbi) February 25, 2019
- And Rami Malek’s bow listened to noone!
— Arthur (@LadyGagaPopNet) February 25, 2019
- Well, it was a surprisingly shocking Oscars, for the good!
— dizzy miss lizzie 👑 (@lizziescrown) February 25, 2019